Welcome

This site has been created to give us an opportunity to journey together through this thing called "Christian Living." My hope is that my transparency will spur you on, encourage you, and unite us in our efforts to become more like Christ. Please see this as an open dialog -- share your ideas, add your own post, and comment at will. I thank you in advance for morphing with me! -- Erin

ps - it is also a place for me to shamelessly brag about my children (consider it a multi-purpose blog!) :)

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Why I Sing

“But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble.” (Psalm 59:16)

This is Why I Love to Sing

Focus shifts from me to them to us to You
I close my eyes so as to open more my ears
The locks unfasten on the doors to my heart

I hear more in our numbers as joined by the unseen
Harmonies of heaven and earth intertwined

I'm set free from this shell and swept up to You
You sit where You should and invite me to come
Surrounded, I dance for You.

There is beauty I refuse to admit, grace my eyes don't typically see
As I dance and sing before my King

And You... You do the unthinkable. You rejoice in my display of Love for You.
And This, This is Why I Sing.

No comments: