Welcome

This site has been created to give us an opportunity to journey together through this thing called "Christian Living." My hope is that my transparency will spur you on, encourage you, and unite us in our efforts to become more like Christ. Please see this as an open dialog -- share your ideas, add your own post, and comment at will. I thank you in advance for morphing with me! -- Erin

ps - it is also a place for me to shamelessly brag about my children (consider it a multi-purpose blog!) :)

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

One Week Warning!

Ash Wednesday is one week away. On most Christian calendars this marks the beginning of Lent. Wikipedia has a lot of information about the season of Lent and I include a small portion of that here:
There are traditionally forty days in Lent which are marked by fasting, both from foods and festivities, and by other acts of penance. The three traditional practices to be taken up with renewed vigour during Lent are prayer (justice towards God), fasting (justice towards self), and almsgiving (justice towards neighbour). Today, some people give up a vice of theirs, add something that will bring them closer to God, and often give the time or money spent doing that to charitable purposes or organizations.
I really like the 3-level approach to Lent offered here. I will be prayerfully considering what my specific practices will be and wanted to encourage anyone to join me in a great historical tradition of celebrating Lent this year in this manor. Please consider sharing your 3 practices with me via this blog so we can all benefit from each other's ideas and encourage one another in the next 47+ days!

As soon as I have nailed down my choices for my Lent observance, I will share them with you all!

No comments: