Welcome

This site has been created to give us an opportunity to journey together through this thing called "Christian Living." My hope is that my transparency will spur you on, encourage you, and unite us in our efforts to become more like Christ. Please see this as an open dialog -- share your ideas, add your own post, and comment at will. I thank you in advance for morphing with me! -- Erin

ps - it is also a place for me to shamelessly brag about my children (consider it a multi-purpose blog!) :)

Thursday, February 5, 2009

40*

“For the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does. The LORD loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love.” (Psalm 33:4-5)
What a great statement to end my 40 Days of Blogging! Seems the perfect sorta verse to commit to memory for those times when I lose hope. God is so faithful - in all he does. Which is so flipping impressive when you think about it. It took a small miracle for me to remain faithful to my commitment to blog for 40 days straight. There were days when I did it out of a sense of obligation, there were times when I avoided it until the last minute, when I didn't feel like doing it, when I struggled to have anything to say. Yet I remained faithful, to a degree.

But with God, there are no degrees of his faithfulness. He is Completely Faithful. All the Time. Which means, he never "doesn't feel like it," or performs out of obligation or a sense of duty or looks at anything with a sense of drudgery or dullness. Hah! God is never bored! God never just goes through the motions. His heart is always in what he does, as evidenced by a world that is full of his unfailing love.

What an amazing quality of God. It inspires awe in me. Sometimes, I imagine him having a bit of that "oh brother, here we go again" attitude about me, but he simply doesn't. His faithfulness to me and my relationship with Him is never ending and never forced upon himself. He willingly has infinite patience, infinite grace, and infinite mercy - loving me without attitude. Gosh. Sorta makes me feel sorry for the days when I struggled to spend time reflecting on His word. Sorta humbles me a bit. Sorta makes me feel I owe Him and apology.

Not sure what I will do from here, now that my 40 days are up - but I am certain I will be posting far more frequently than I used to from here on out! Perhaps not every day, mind you, but often. It will be interesting to see how my attitude changes in response to my daily Verse of the Day Emails. Gosh, I hope it does. Time will tell, I guess...time will tell.

* Yes I do intentionally refer to U2's song here, on Day 40...
I waited patiently for the Lord. He inclined and heard my cry. He brought me up out of the pit, out of the miry clay.

I will sing, sing a new song. I will sing, sing a new song.

How long to sing this song? How long to sing this song? How long...how long...how long...how long...to sing this song

He set my feet upon a rock and made my footsteps firm. Many will see, many will see and fear
.

I will sing, sing a new song. I will sing, sing a new song.

How long to sing this song? How long to sing this song? How long...how long...how long...how long...to sing this song

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Congratulations! It was awesome to see you being so diligent and committed to your 40-day blogging. Thanks for doing this and sharing a bit of yourself through it all. What's next? ;-) Love you always.